Church of Tornio
This masterpiece of the Ostrobothnian church building was completed in 1686. The building is supported by pillars and the church is the largest remaining of its kind. In 1730s Maupertuis wanted to find out the shape of the earth by using triangulation. The first point used in the measurements was the tower of the Tornio church.
Open in June and July, Mon - Fri 12 - 18 and Sundays 15 - 18. Other times by request.
Seminaarinkatu, 95400 Tornio