The Church of Alatornio is from 1797 but in the same place, there has been a church since medieval times. The oldest part of the remaining church is the eastern corner facing the main entrance. In 1842, Georg Wilhelm von Struve was using triangulation to define the shape of the earth and measured one triangle from the church of Alatornio. The Struve Geodetic Arc is included in UNESCO World Heritage listing.
Kirkonmäentie 85, 95450 Tornio